Staff Reporter –
Volvo Car India has reason to celebrate, as the Volvo XC40 has won five prestigious awards in India, firmly establishing it as a leading contender in the luxury SUV segment.
The Volvo XC40 has received numerous awards for its outstanding design, innovative technology, and environmental performance in a variety of categories. Among the honours are:
1. “Electric SUV of the Year 2023” by Car India, for the Volvo XC40 Fully Electric, which offers outstanding driving dynamics, long-range capability, and eco-friendly credentials.
2. “Premium Mid-Sized SUV of the Year 2023” by BBC TopGear Magazine India, for the Volvo XC40 Petrol Hybrid, which combines performance, luxury, and efficiency in a stylish package.
3. “New Car of the Year 2023” by Economic Times Ascent, for the Volvo XC40 Fully Electric, which has set new standards in terms of safety, comfort, and connectivity.
4. “Digital Initiative of the year for 2023” also by Economic Times Ascent, for the Metaverse launch of the Volvo XC40 Fully Electric, which leveraged cutting-edge technology to create an immersive and engaging experience for customers.
5. “Best Electric Car” by Travel + Leisure India, for the XC 40 Fully Electric, which offers a seamless and enjoyable driving experience, while minimizing its impact on the environment.
Commenting on the awards, Jyoti Malhotra, Managing Director – Volvo Car India, said: “We are thrilled to receive such a significant recognition for the Volvo XC40 Recharge & Petrol Mild Hybrid across multiple categories. These awards are a testament to our unwavering commitment to producing products which are personal, sustainable, and safe as well as our culture of embracing digital transformation at Volvo Car India. We are confident that the Volvo XC40 will continue to exceed expectations and set new benchmarks in the Indian premium electric mobility.”
The Volvo XC40 is designed to provide a premium electric driving experience with its stylish yet robust exterior, sophisticatedly minimalistic interior, and cutting-edge safety features. It is available in both fully electric and petrol hybrid versions, catering to the diverse needs and preferences of Indian customers.
Volvo Cars in India
Swedish luxury car Company Volvo established its presence in India in 2007 and has since then, worked intensively to offer safe and sustainable mobility solutions in the country. Volvo Cars currently markets its range of luxury sedans and SUVs through 24 dealerships in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi NCR – South Delhi, West Delhi, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Indore, Raipur, Jaipur, Kochi, Kozhikode, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, West Mumbai, South Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Raipur, Surat, Vishakhapatnam and Vijayawada.